Information Technology (IT)
Which programs are offered?
We offer two programs:
- Programming and Software Support [PDF]—This program prepares students to learn the language of computers, create software programs, maintain computer systems and software, and help others solve computer program-related issues.
- Web and Digital Communications [PDF]—This program prepares students to design, build, or maintain websites and applications; design graphics and animations; and develop design layouts.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?
Some of the jobs include:
- Web Developer
- Game Developer
- Applications Software Developer
- Computer Programmer
- Graphic Designer
- Web Designer
- Multimedia Producer
- 3D Animator
What is the salary outlook?
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Computer Support Specialist—$23/hour
- Software Developer—$49/hour
- Graphic Designer—$22/hour
- Multimedia Arts—$30/hour
Which certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Information Support and Services Exam
- CompTIA certification
- The NOCTI Computer Programming Exam
- The NOCTI Web Design Exam
- JAVA certification
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certifications in: