Which pathway is offered?
This career field allows students to explore occupations that are possible with a high school degree and training in manufacturing, construction, and STEM. We offer the following pathway:
- STEM–Engineering Technology
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Surveying and Mapping Technicians
- Biomedical Engineers
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample career salaries include:
- Surveying and Mapping Technicians—$44,380/year
- Biomedical Engineers—$88,550/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 12, 2019.
Which industry-recognized certifications and exams can my student prepare for?†
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Pre-Engineering / Engineering Technology Exam
- ACT National Career Readiness certification
†Many Microsoft® Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who attend Destinations for at least two years in their desired pathway will have further exposure to career readiness education courses to be prepared for certification testing.