Business Management and Administration
We offer these programs:
- Business Management and Administration [PDF] —This program prepares students to lead and manage others, improve processes and policies, and manage a range of personnel issues and concerns while focusing on the bottom line.
- Marketing Education [PDF] —This program was designed to move students through the process of how goods and services reach the consumer. It is a good fit for students interested in advertising, selling, marketing and market research.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?
Some of the jobs include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Court Reporter
- Legal Secretary
- Bill and Account Collector
- Loan Officer
- Accounting Manager
- Administrative Services Manager
- Sports and Entertainment Manager
What is the salary outlook?
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Customer Service Representative—$15/hour
- Medical Secretary—$15/hour
- Billing Clerk—$16/hour
- Supervisor of Office Workers—$24/hour
- Sales Manager—$52/hour
Which certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Business Information Processing Exam
- The NOCTI Financial and Managerial Accounting Exam
- The NOCTI General Management Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Fundamental Business Concepts Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Finance Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Entrepreneurship/Management Exam