Test drive a business and marketing course!
Which pathways are offered?
- CO Business Administrative Core—This pathway prepares students to facilitate business operations through a variety of administrative and clerical duties including information and communication management, data processing and collection, and project tracking.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Benefits Specialist
- Bill and Account Collector
- Customer Service Representative
- Human Resources Manager
- Promotions Manager
- Public Relations Manager
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample career salaries include:
- Administrative Assistant—$38,880/year
- Benefits Specialist—$63,000/year
- Bill and Account Collector—$36,020/year
- Promotions Manager—$132,620/year
- Public Relations Manager—$114,800/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 12, 2019.
Which industry-recognized certifications and exams can my student prepare for? †
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Business Information Processing Exam
- The NOCTI General Management Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Fundamental Business Concepts Exam
- ACT National Career Readiness Certification
†Many Microsoft® Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who attend Destinations for at least two years in their desired pathway will have further exposure to career readiness education courses to be prepared for certification testing.